A Contract Manufacturing Organization (CMO) is also know and contract development and manufacturing organization (CDMO). Who serves other companies in the pharmaceutical industry on contract basis to provide them supply of their requirements of medicines/drugs as per their needs. Basically contract manufacturing companies manufacture medicines/drugs or products for any Pharma brand/company in their manufacturing unit to fulfill their requirements.
Benefits of hiring Contract or Third Party Manufacturers:
- You can start your own pharmaceutical company without investing on manufacturing unit.
- There is no need to buy any land for production of your products/medicines/drugs.
- There is no need of purchasing machines to make medicines and take care of them in regular intervals.
- You can also run your company by hiring minimum professional. Because there is no need to hire anyone for manufacturing unit.
- It will save your efforts in taking care of production. So you can totally focus on your business.
- You can maintain your manufacturing process by the help of QA professionals who will check the quality of products in a regular interval for you.
- It reduces your efforts and save money and time for you.
- You can add categories of products to your business as per your needs without investing much for manufacturing.
Aspects to consider while choosing a Manufacturing Company for your products:
There are many factors to consider while choosing a contract or third party manufacturing company for your products/medicines/drugs. Because choosing a better company is everything which will impact your company name and reputation directly. Your brand name in quality and availability in the market depends upon manufacturing company. “
Some of important factors to keep in mind while choosing a Manufacturing Company are such as:
- Location of Manufacturing Company: Prefer a company nearby your location so that you can keep track of your production process easily. Also it will help you out in quality check done by your QA professionals. In this way they can make audit easily by visiting them in regular intervals. It will save your money to be spent on them for audit process. There is no need to spend traveling expenses and accommodation expenses for quality check.
- Capability: This is such a critical factor to consider. You have to make sure whether manufacturing company is capable of supplying your demand under given timeline. Also make sure, they have enough expertise in making products of your need.
- Quality and Compliance: Make sure manufacturing company have good track record of their company and their product quality.
- Supply capability: Make sure they will be able to provide your demand in given ETA.
- Communication: Clear and open communication channels are key to a successful transfer or development of your product. Getting to know team members can give you valuable insight into how a company works and what they value.